Mae Orvis Health Care Symposium 2019 Abstract submissions
Due February 1, 2019 to Emily McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstract submissions should follow the following format identified below.
Prepare Original research abstract with the following key elements: (no more than 250 words)
- Purpose — What was the intent or goal of the study? What did you want to learn?
- Background/Significance — What was the problem and why was it important? What knowledge are you building on?
- Method — What was the design? What was the sample? What instruments were used? How was data collected and analyzed?
- Results — What were the findings?
- Conclusions — What do the findings mean?
Quality Improvement Projects and Student Lead Projects
Prepare Quality Improvement Projects or Student Lead Projects abstract with the following key elements: (no more than 250 words)
- Purpose — What was the intent/goal of the project? What problem was addressed by the improvement project?
- Description — What was the project? How was it developed and implemented? Cite the research for the evidence implying how you made a clinical decision based on the best available current research or literature, your own clinical expertise or patient’s needs to change a process to improve nursing practice. Do not submit an actual reference/bibliography list.
- Evaluation and Outcomes —What were the outcomes of the project? How was success measured?